Thursday, October 28, 2010

Mom's Sugar Cookie Recipe

(Or at least I think it is...it's the one I found stashed in my recipe book)

#1 3 eggs
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup milk
2 tsp vanilla

#2 1 1/2 tsp soda
3/4 tsp salt
6 tsp baking powder
5 1/4 cup flour

Mix all ingredients in #1 together. Sift all ingredients in #2 together. Them mix them all together. Chill 45 minutes or longer. Roll and bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
*note: I like them better when they are real light. I bake them for 8 minutes.


Buttercream frosting:
1lb confectioners sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
3 tbls milk
1 tsp vanilla
food coloring

For chocolate, add 1/2 cup cocoa mix all together. Add more milk if needed.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks. Hopefully I'll have time to make some! I might try the candycorn shapes with them.

    ReplyDelete